Students range from 3 years to 65+, both male and female of all abilities, with lessons tailored to your 'drumming personality'.
WHAT DO I TEACH?
Drum & Bass
What are the benefits of drumming?
- Releases endorphins in the brain that cause feeling of happiness and euphoria
- Gets people together to be involved in music, which to every one of us is enjoyable
- Teaches us rhythm to understand music and 'the beat'. After all, we all dance to the beat!
- Teaches us coordination, listening skills
- Good exercize for the mind and body
- Helps us to learn different types of music
How long does it take to learn the drums?
- Like any musical instrument, you can spend your entire life mastering new levels!
- Providing that you are keen to learn, you can pick up the drums and start playing with music in a very short time!
What is the expectations of the student?
- Be keen!
- Turn up on time!
Can I learn what I want to learn?
- You can learn whatever you want, providing you adopt the fundamental exercizes and techniques!
Will this hinder my academic studies?
- Definitely not!
- Recent studies by leading European and American Universities show that learning a musical instrument can promote academic learning.
- E.G. counting, reading, listening skills
- Learning rhythm develops the creative side of the brain (FACT!)
- Drumming is a great exercise for your brain!
- I have had students go onto Oxford, Cambridge and Harvard, gaining top degree marks.
If you're not happy with your high street/ music shop lessons, then please contact me as I would be more than glad to to help!
A BRIEF LIST OF SKILLS YOU WILL BE TAUGHT
Beginners/ Intermediate will learn:
Setting up your kit
Basic stick grips
Use of practice pads
Reading music / charts
Play to music tracks
Play to metronome
Use of sticks/ hotrods/ brushes
Developing greater power, speed, endurance and control
Use of dynamics
Use of stick and hand for Latin
Single and double bass pedal
I don't live around Bedfordshire, what would you recommend I look for in a drum teacher?
They should have a proven track record with many years of experience. Certainly enquire about their students and what they have acheived.